- FASD impacts approximately 4% of Canadians.
- FASD impacts more people in Canada than Autism Spectrum Disorder, Cerebral Palsy, and Down syndrome combined.
- Individuals with FASD are known for having a number of different strengths, including being friendly, likeable, affectionate, determined, hard-working, forgiving, non-judgemental and caring.
- 90% of individuals with FASD also experience mental health issues.
- The social and economic cost of FASD in Canada is estimated to be $1.8 billion annually.
- Individuals with FASD achieve positive outcomes if their needs and challenges are addressed early on in life and they have access to supports that carry into adulthood.