Purpose of Award
The Canada FASD Research Network has a limited amount of funding to support travel of Network researchers and trainees in order to enhance their research experience in the area of knowledge dissemination and sharing. Reimbursement of travel related expenses will be awarded for Network researchers and/or trainees presenting at national or international conferences.
- An applicant must be a full-time faculty member, graduate student or post-doctoral fellow at the time of the application, or within one year after completing the research that is being presented.
- The applicant must be first author presenter and the abstract must be accepted for an oral/poster presentation at a national or international conference on FASD or related to FASD.
- The applicant or the applicant’s supervisor must be a researcher of the one of CanFASD’s Network Action Teams.
- The work presented must be relevant to the Canada FASD Research Network.
- A maximum of three awards per annum can be awarded per applicant (April 1 – March 31).
- If you have received an award before, please note preference will be given to new applicants first.
Amount of Award
The amount of the funding is up to a maximum of $2,000 per award for International conferences and up to $1,000 per award for National conferences.
- The funds can cover conference registration fees, travel expenses (I.E. air, train, taxi, etc), meals, accommodation costs and poster material expenses.
- The funds do not cover entertainment expenses.
- Applications must be submitted on a quarterly basis: April 1, July 1, October 1, January 1.
- Awards will be reviewed by an awards committee and decisions will be communicated within 30 days.
Please submit your application prior to attending the conference.
The travel funds will be awarded on a first come first serve basis. Preference will be given to applicants who have not received a CanFASD travel award previously.You must submit the following:
- Complete Application Form
- A breakdown of the expenses that will be submitted for reimbursement.
If awarded, the investigator/trainee must submit the following for reimbursement:
- Provide copy of relevant abstract and notice of acceptance
- Provide proof of attendance.
- Proof of presentation at conference is required. (conference booklet)
- To pay expenses directly a Payment requisition form must be submitted along with all original receipts for expenses being claimed (note that in order to claim airfare, airline tickets and boarding passes must be provided.)
- Funds can be reimbursed to the Supervisor’s research account if a copy of the original payment requisition is provided along with all the supporting documentation.
Download Travel Award Application
Submit Application to
Audrey McFarlane, Executive Director
Canada FASD Research Network