The Canada Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Research Network is a national charitable organization designed to produce and maintain national, collaborative research for sharing with all Canadians, leading to prevention strategies and improved support services for people affected by Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder. The Canada FASD Research Network is now seeking a new Director for its Board of Directors.
CanFASD strives to have a diverse volunteer Board that represents the stakeholder communities with which we engage. We are looking for “difference makers”, individuals who, on a national level, want to engage in making a difference for those living with FASD. Persons with financial and/or fundraising skills and political acumen, persons of Indigenous heritage, and visible minorities are encouraged to apply and self identify in their covering letter.
To apply for nomination to the Board of Directors, please send your resume, letter of interest, and criminal record check by email or mail to Audrey McFarlane at the following addresses:
CanFASD Research Network
11364 Wessex PO
Vancouver, BC V5R 0A4
Once we receive your application it will be:
- Reviewed by the Nominations Committee of the Board of Directors (The Committee)
- The Committee will contact you, review your application, answer your questions and discuss how you might fit with the Board
- The Committee will contact your reference(s)
- The Committee will make a recommendation to the Board of Directors
- If the Board of Directors agrees, your name will be recommended to the Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- You will provide a short written biography to be used at the AGM
- We will contact you to let you know about results of the election
- Should you be elected the Committee will orient you to the Board of Directors
Thank you for considering a nomination to the CanFASD Board of Directors!